Thursday, January 25, 2018

Adulting

People say the hardest part of adulting is just moving out from your parent's house and starting to be independent. Others say that finding your ultimate reason and knowing where you are heading to is twice as hard as the first one. This maybe true to many, but I guess it's just the result of a deeper dillemma. 

Today's society revolve around being accepted. Being able to fit in the norms set by most people even though these perceptions does not fit us all. Picture yourself as a new employee, trying to fit in; until one day, you'd realize that you don't know who you really are. You lost your identity and was eaten up by a system of suiting up an armour just to blend with others. This I guess is the problem.

Looking back, I've learned that the hardest part of being an adult is accepting who you really are and not trying to change yourself just to please what other people wants to see from you. Each of us is unique and in no way the same with the other. I guess the key in adulting is being yourself. Being confident despite the flaws that life smouldered you with. Accepting yourself and ultimately forgiving what you have done with your past is what we all need right now. And once you're able to do it, you'd be confident enough to show others who you really are. 

I am. Not what others see. I am. Just me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment