Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Start: Gifts

We were consistent. 

Sean and I were able to keep up with our busy schedules. His, would be his thesis. Mine, would be my drastic schedule change in work. Despite all of this, we manage to see each other almost everyday. Send each other messages. Meet at night. Sleep together. Drop by 7-11 or Sunrise Store at 3AM  and part ways at around 4AM.

"Alam mong ayoko ng relasyon Sean" I said. I wasn't really planning on having a commitment with him during those days. He wasn't my type at all. He's a bit skinny. Just the same height as mine or probably I'm taller. Though he looks good. He was not really my type. Besides, I just came out from a previous relationship five or six months before we met. 
"Ikaw bahala. Basta andito lang ako" said Sean.

He was consistent. All those sweet nothings. Dinners. Movies. It made my heart soft. It made me change my mind. I just woke up one day that I am feeling something for him. Though its not deep. But at least, its a start of something.

I can't recall what the occasion is. Was it his Birthday or Christmas? I hurriedly went to Gilmore to buy him a gift.

"Alin dito ate yung pinakamaganda?" pointing on the display of headset. The sales lady gave me the Logitech Headset. She assured me it's one of their best. Without bothering how much it is, I went directly to the cashier and paid.

The inside of his car was cold. His AC was in good condition that night. We were having a game about songs in my player. Sean, most of the times claims he knows the song, even if he doesn't. We would laugh about it while he was driving. 

"Hey, thanks sa paghatid. Anyway, heto o" I reached for the plastic and held it to him. 

"Ano to?" Sean said. I smiled and said "Basta, buksan mo paguwi mo"

He suddenly burst into tears. First time I saw him that way. He hadn't opened my gift but there he was, hugging me while crying. I hugged him back and whispered "I love you". It was my first time to say it to him. It was so soft like a whisper that I'm not sure if he heard me. "Sige na. May pasok pa tayo ng maaga bukas." And I planted a kiss on his forehead before stepping out of the car.

Probably last week of December when it was Sean's turn. Still inside the car, he asked me to get the paper bag from the back. I gave it to him but he said "Open it" His eyes was glistening. His smile was so perfect that I can still picture it in my mind right now. 

"Nagdadalawang isip ako kung ano ang ibibigay ko sayo, kung speakers or ito. Pero mas kelangan mo to." said Sean. He removed my old watch and placed the new one he bought for me. "Pag nasira, asa akin ang resibo para sa warranty" He looked at me like he never did before. His eyes and smile were full of emotion. Like telling me that I shouldn't go away. That I stay in his life forever.

 




2 comments:

  1. Is Sean your ex? The one with Jeff? Or is he the one who caused you to work abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the same. Sean is my most recent ex. Same person I punched and same person who caused me to go abroad.

    ReplyDelete