Thursday, March 13, 2014

Challenges

Ironic, that I as a health care provider hates taking medications. Even its simplest form such as supplements and vitamins. During times that I am feverish or has colds, I would refuse to take it and would just rely on water therapy and an increase intake of fruits. I can still recall how my previous partner forced medications to my mouth if I feel sick. He would put the pill straight to my mouth even if it was just vitamins. That is how much I hate taking it. My previous partner was the one good at it as he religiously swallows it at the exact time it should be taken, I on the other hand was his total opposite. 

Now that he is gone and a lot of things has changed already. I am taking up the challenge alone of having not just one, but two pills twice a day. It is not just for a single week, not for a month, but for a lifetime. My new elixir. My spinach. My new life saver. How can I do it? I don't know?! 

I had my dry run of taking medications last month. It was partly successful that I was able to consume one whole bottle of ascorbic acid, ingesting two tablets on a daily basis. The failure then was with the multivitamins, I usually skip the dose or even forget to take it. I know it shouldn't be like this since the two shall be part of my daily cocktail forever. Without those two supplements, I may not be able to face every challenge at work. I will not have any defense against the deadly pathogens in my area. 

And so today, I went to the mall and looked for something that might help me with my dilemma. I bought these two medication organizers. These two shall be my new best friends. They shall be my new confidante and my life-long buddies. You will forever be with me and we shall never be apart. (I am actually enjoying the cool colors of the canisters and its added functionality of having separate storage space! And what's great about it is that I bought it for only Eighty-eight pesos each!)

Tomorrow (Friday) night, I shall get my first fill of life-savers. It is only for a week's supply since I will need to monitor for any side effects or adverse reactions (I hope I won't have any). I even went to St. Jude earlier to ask for guidance with my medications. I asked him for Courage and Wisdom. Courage that I may take the pill religiously. Courage that I can overcome any reactions that my body shall deal with. Courage that once I have adjusted with my medication, I can tell my previous partner about my condition (He of course deserves to know). And finally Wisdom, that I shall know the right words to tell him. Wisdom to know what is right from wrong. Wisdom to deal with this new chapter of my life.

On Saturday morning, I shall start a brand new day and I know that courage and wisdom shall be upon me to face this new challenge of life.



Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. May kakilala din ako na ayaw uminom ng gamot. Haha. Di ko yun maintindihan kung bakit. Lulunukin lang naman ang tableta o capsule. Nung mas tumands ako, nakita ko na madami dami din pala yung hirap uminom ng gamot. Pagaling ka Ginoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Feeling ko kasi mahina resistensiya ko pag ganun. Haha. Papalakas ako sir! Yung napakalakas! Hihi

      Delete
  2. Ganoon nga talaga no, pag asa healthcare ka, ikaw mismo ayaw uminom ng gamot hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo. Karamihan sa mga katulad ko e takot rin sa mga injection pag sa amin na gagamitin. Ganun nga talaga ang buhay. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete