Sunday, March 2, 2014

Greener Pastures

'Pwedeng pwede ka na magabroad o, ang tagal mo na sa trabaho mo', Mom said.

I never imagined working abroad. I just love my life here. 

It was my first partner who asked me if I want to settle for greener pastures. He kept on asking me to process my papers to Middle East (it was easy to go there 5 or 6 years ago) and we'll start saving up money for our future. I never liked his idea. Though I haven't told him, but I never pictured out my future with him. So after almost three years of relationship, we broke up. 

After the break up, I decided to start my career in the healthcare field. Still, when asked by my colleagues about my plans in going abroad, I just tell them that I'm happy with my life here and never will I leave the country even if it is almost four times of what I am earning here. Everything changed when I met my second partner. We planned our future together, including plans of moving out of the country and settling in Canada via the Common Partner Law. Surprisingly, I agreed to the idea and we started collecting and saving our documents together as it deemed necessary that we have proof of our steady relationship. Things changed when after two years, we broke up.

So for the first time, I decided on my own to leave the country and start a new life. The break up was so shattering that I just wanted to leave immediately. I needed a new environment to start all over again. Plus the fact that I don't see any career growth as a government nurse here in the country. The decision was clear then, leave now! And so I processed my papers abroad. I tried Middle East, Australia and Canada. Fortunately, I passed Middle East however I retracted my papers when I found out about the small salary. Australia was my next target but I needed more than a million to process everything. I was left with Canada as my final option. Things were flowing smoothly, I was assessed and passed the screening with flying colors. My parents were more than excited with my decision. I am ecstatic as well, I will be earning big time and I can provide more for the family. 

Until one day, a very alarming news was unfolded.
Everything shattered again in to pieces and I felt lost again.
I can no longer work abroad.
Shit really happens.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, opportunity knocks once or twice. In rare cases, thrice may be a good luck. But most of the times, it takes longer time to come back again.

    Anyway, as long as your persistent with your dreams, it can still happen again. But, let me dig deeper - what shit happened that forbids you going abroad in your latest try? (na-curious lang ako) hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Opportunity is really rare. That's why just feel at lost right now. The so-callled 'shit' of mine is a bit sensitive to be published for now. I'll just email it to you instead.

      Thanks Jay!

      Delete
  2. Relate much ako sa moving out of the country ekek. I'm a proud person and I never imagined myself leaving the country. State University upbringing and all that shit. My ex sort of gave me a reason to leave the country - so we can get married and build a life together. Pero when we broke up, I had to start from scratch. And I am still doing it. Yada, yada. Shit happens.

    Andami ko ng kuda. Sensya na. Haha. Hope things aren't as serious as it sounds. Keep the faith, koya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nox! Thanks for dropping by! Moving on was never easy. Especially when happy memories rush back to you and you suddenly realize that you are alone. Moving on is hard especially when you have invested not just emotions and time but also your security with that person in the future. I hope it will be easy for you to walk forward and start a new.

      Nox, shit really happens. But if you stay on the same shit forever, then nothing good will ever happen your way. Cheers!

      Delete